Sunday, April 6, 2008

Insparation Thursday PEACE


This is a piece I just finished for Inspiration Thursday. I was very inspired since it's the 50th anniversary of the PEACE symbol for the month of April.
I have many layers on this piece and then collaged newspaper clippings from our day and age. Then I applied different glazes. Printed the words"All We Are Saying Is Give Peace (PEACE sign) A Chance" on handmade paper and applied it around the entire edge of the piece. The last thing I added after carving a PEACE sign was to stamp that on the piece and emboss those PEACE signs. Click on photo to see more detail.
What are your views on this piece?

9 comments:

Julia said...

Thank you for comm . on my blog . I looked around for a while on yours . Your truly making great art ! I saw wonderful things and your peace art is realy amazing . Sure I'll be back! :)

Charlie said...

I love this piece. Great work. I like doing collage also, but mine pale in comparison.

Deb G said...

A very thoughtful piece...well done!

Charlie said...

Hi, It's me again. Just wanted to tell you thanks for the kind words on my blog. And thanks for looking around. There is such unbelievable talent out here and it amazes me. But anyway your comments made my day.

carla said...

This is visually really nice, and in the large version I can see the irony of the headlines alongside the peace sings. Really well done!

Angela said...

WOW. That's just stunning and amazing! I'm working on the Peace challenge too and this puts my idea to shame :-p Great job :)

BTW, could you please make your music not play automatically? Its extremely frustrating lol

Gail P said...

This piece took me right back to the "peace" days! I can only imagine how exciting it was to work on!!

Rosie said...

I think your feelings shine through this piece... it's an 'Art Statement', to me. I like the depth you achieve with your layers and I'm just sad I don't live near enought to come to a class taught by you! Rosie (NGS)

Linda said...

I love it! It is nice to see art that is political. Love the rest of your work .....lovely and inspiring.

Linda