Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Invisable


This is a commission piece I created and delivered today. The invisible I had seen somewhere on the net but I just felt this woman must have been or felt that way.


I was given a box of old things and they asked me to do a couple of commission pieces. I will most likely do 4 or 5 pieces.

The top of this was a piece that was in the box I received, the hook thingie. that hook at the top spins,. I found out when I delivered it is some kind of a lock. I took what I think was a perfume tray, bent the legs so it would stand. Painted many layers of 3 different colors to make it have the look of patina. One of the photos from the box I scanned and tripled the photo, that is at the bottom, then did 2 photos in the main area but cut one so it is 3 D. The metal flourish piece on the front bottom is who knows from what, I picked up. There's check behind the flat photo and the flourish at the top is grunge-board.

4 comments:

Val Foster said...

Oh goody, I get to be the first to leave a comment. This is WOWZA Darlene. It's so cool - I love it. What a neat idea to bend the part back to make the tray stand up. And the hook thingy at the top is way cool, as well as the patina. And the scroll piece at the bottom.

Just the whole thing, it just all fits together and is cohesive and beautiful. And the "invisible" theme is perfect.

How long did it take you to make this? It looks like you did it effortlessly. Did you? You're really on a roll here. And to top it off, this is a COMMISSION piece! Kudos to you.

Susan Tuttle said...

What a stunning assemblage - I love the patina.

I really enjoyed my visit to your blog - beautiful art here.

Thank you for your kind comment.

Susan

~*~Patty said...

WOW, Darlene, this piece is amazing. I enjoy ALL of your creations, but this one.....must have been hard to part with! Always enjoy a visit to your blogblogblog, great music, eye candy + more
The PEACE clip is Awesome as well!

ScaryCheri said...

Darlene I agree wowza in all caps. How cool that the hook is a key. Makes a person wonder a key to what. Your cards are awesome also you journal. Thank you for commenting on my blog about the dyed batting. I am out in the truck right now so slower than dialup speed on computer so not able to leave all the comments I would like to sorry. Will play the tag game when I get home if that is ok? hugz, Scary