Friday, May 30, 2008

Class my Instructions and theme


The theme for my AB is "Excavation of the Muse or Soul" I had so much to say in my instructions, I had to add another fold out piece. I loved the you tube Tim Holtz did on grungeboard so much I had to do the exact piece a heart, wings and a crown.
There are layers upon layers of paint on this page, the word "instructions" I made out of those foam letters again with layers of paint on the letters themselves.
There is also a bit of fabric on the far left. The piece under the actual instructions is a long piece of plain grunge board painted. Since I'm working in a dictionary I decided to add some walnut ink to a page then tore it and added to the top of the grunge board on top of that the instructions themselves. Glazes were used on top of the instructions.
I really love how this page turned out. My muse Bhanu is having an absolute blast!

3 comments:

Mary S Hunt said...

I am insprired every time I visit to see what is going on with you.

I am enjoying watch you teach your class. I hope you post some of the projects from the "students".

Yogi said...

Love your AB pages. It's a pity I can't feel it, because it really looks like a very tactile type book. Wonderful

www.ediesthisandthat.blogspot.com said...

Hi My name is Edie Simons, I love you art work and I have spent much more time wandering through your blog than I planned to... but it's wonderfully soothing. I am the Director of Education on the new ISABA board. Would you like to write a class lesson for our online newsletter? I'd like it to be on Grunge Board. I've heard of it but have never bought any and I think there are others like me out there. Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you so much for sharing your blog. Edie