Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Heart of Matters


Yes another assemblage but I had decided to do a series of spiritual assemblage's. My muse had other ideas and other inspirations. It's still one of my goals but it has to be put on the back burner for now:>)

This assemblage took about 1 week to make just because of drying times, here in VA we have humid summers, hence the long drying times.

The inside has the great Ganesh, a turtle for luck and a wonderful amethyst crystal, a slide which contains fabric and the word Namaste. The copper piece at the top I picked up form the ground, who knows where or when. The little dome copper pieces on the front I got from a utopia box with freebies when I ran a Mixed Media club in TX. Also there is handmade paper inside and beaded trim adoring it. The outside of the box was a blast to create with so many mediums, stamps, cheesecloth and paints. I hope you enjoy your journey into this little gem.

10 comments:

Val Foster said...

Hey Dar! Wow, this is sooo cool. I love it. Love all the wonderful texture and colors. How'd you get such great texture? And that copper piece on the top is way cool. I can't believe you just found it. What a great find. I have yet to attempt an assemblage. I sure love yours.
Namaste.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Oh man so many colors and textures it is a feast for the eyes ... Linda F

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your assemblage is so colorful and textural. I love what you do with tissue paper, cheesecloth, and paint. And the copper found object is just the right touch.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth said...

Darlene! I think that your new piece is terrific!!
great job!
Stop by my blog sometime and say hi!!
Elizabeth

Johnna Edmondson said...

Darlene, this is really good. Great texture,nice balance and Yummy colors, what more could you ask for?

Sharon House said...

Dar, the colours and texture in this piece are absolutely yummy! Beautiful job on your piece... love shows through!

Sharon
http://www.mystoryart.com

Michi, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Darlene!
Your artwork on your blog is AMAZING!!!! YOu are a very talented artist!!!!!!

Sue O'Kieffe said...

im sure you had lots of fun making this assemblage...perhaps ganesh is getting ready to clear whatever obstacles you may be feeling...and opening the way for continued good fortune!
~sueokieffe

shauna said...

I love your assemblage! I'm just a bit confused about your comment though. You said you had intended to make a spiritual series but your muse had other ideas. This assemblage is VERY spiritual! Maybe you meant the part about the series? I think this is fantastic-so beautiful and colorful! The items you chose have special meaning for me as well, particularly the amethyst, turtle, and namaste. Thanks for sharing and I'm going to check back often!
Shauna

Zeborah Loray said...

Love the colors and textures in this!