Monday, February 16, 2009

Disintegration Project




Disintegration Project - Seth's brain child once again another awesome experiment. Check out his blog for details.
I have been on vacation and just learned about this recently. But now I'm fill steam ahead....
I have taken pages from the white pages of the phone book then I wrapped pieces of copper around each bundle. Long ago I got this engine metal piece at the junk yard, it's been sitting outside for at least a year itself! So I took the bundles and placed them in the portion I could get the most paper covered by the rust.
I'm hoping for rain or snow so that the paper will all rust along with the copper.

13 comments:

Seth said...

Welcome to the project Darlene. Those metal pieces are so fantastic. I am so glad you are using them to hold your bundles. They are going to look great on May 1!

Dawn said...

Wow bet that turns out awesome!

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

Your project is awesome. It will be so interesting to see what Mother Nature creates.

Terry Pitzel said...

This looks really interesting. I hope you get some rust on that paper.

Terry

Lisa Sarsfield said...

I look forward to seeing the results of your rusty project! I knew there had to be a good use for rust!

queenopearls said...

Oh yeah, looks super cool. Love the rusty pieces. The project is going to be amazing!

Gail P said...

Very inspiring!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love the rusty bits Darlene! What a fantastic collaboration Seth has come up with! I'm late, but finally on board after our vacation!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

What a lot of wonderful rustiness you'll have going on come 1 May! Cool Beans! I got excited and just posted a second bundle. Thinking that with the upcoming snow storm (we'll see if that materializes) my little paper lantern might be a bit fragile!

deb said...

Oh I want to touch this soooooo badly!!

Wayne Pitchko said...

nice start...Im late and just starting....shud be very interesting

Wayne Pitchko said...

Nice to see where you started from...I just got aboard today.....in a RUST nut too.

rachel whetzel said...

What a beautiful bundle!! I love it!! So neat to see what everyone else is doing!!