Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Angels











This was a challenge on the Gary Reef Ning. This is a departure from my style and I had a fantastic time creating it.
I used a large transfer for the main image....I don't draw much:>) I then whited out the clothing and or bodies with gesso. Painted each a different color and than applied a lot of gold and sliver and the small designs were painted on.
I must admit I have a hard time taking photos of art behind glass and art that is shiny, this was no exception. I hope you like it I really enjoyed the process and I do like it.

4 comments:

top5cats said...

Very cool Darlene, looks like you had fun. Very creative.

Val Foster said...

Wow! This is majorly cool, and yes, a departure for you. It's always good to try new things, and stretch ourselves, right? You did a good job of stretching yourself here. I love the images and how you used them, and the bright, bold colors. And all the designs and patterns. There's so much to see and take in on this piece. I'm wondering how long it took you to create it? Kudos to you, I love it. It's always exciting to see what you've been up to with your art.

Anonymous said...

I love your angels piece Darlene. Very Klintist.

Gina said...

ooooo love this , too!!! Such great textures and flowing lines.