Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Violin project











  • The pic on the left is the back of the violin and the front is on the right.
  • This took me forever since it's not flat, but I had a ton of fun creating it. I knew I wanted to do something about space and that was my jumping off point. This will be shown all around town till Dec. and then it will be auctioned off for the Jr Orchestra.
  • Most of the work was done with free form spray paint and then I worked some pis out in Phothoshop for the collaged pieces. Click photo for larger view.

16 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Wow! I mean WOW! Spectacular! Oh my goodness, what brilliant gorgeous work!

PAMO said...

Great colors and theme!! Love it!

Gail P said...

Beautiful!!!! Absolutely love it!

queenopearls said...

Phenomenally beautiful! Love it!!
Way to go Darlene!!

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Oh my gosh, Darlene. It's amazing! They will love it. Also, I officially subscribed to artticulation through bloglines today. Yay!
L

Marie-Aimée said...

wow !! fantastic

Terry Pitzel said...

OMG this is beautful Darlene!!

laurel said...

What a cool idea. Just love your artwork and the canvas you used.

Art Trip said...

Fantastic! Makes me want to sing my art!!

RunninL8 said...

Hi there! I came over from yor link at Art From the Heart. I'm just loving your work! Hope you post moere sometime soon! See you around the blogosphere! feel free to drop by my blog as well...

Heavenly Muse said...

wow...its lookinga mazing....

Home solar panels said...

Wow! That is really amazing. I think it is even beyond amazing. I am so impressed with your work. You are one talented person.

Dan Kent said...

This is absolutely beautiful and very creative. Phenomenal!

Carla Anne said...

Wow! I wish I can play that..

Coleen said...

Love the violin. My daughter has one so I'm thinking about it now. Hmmm! Following here now. Would love it if you followed on mine too.
Coleen in Ukraine
from TAG group

Huyen said...

gorgeous piece! Think you should do a series.